The Circular Economy Club (CEC) is the international network of over 3,100 circular economy professionals and organizations from over 100 countries. Non-for-profit, global and open to anyone to join the club for free.
Vision: We envision a new era where all cities worldwide function through a circular model, setting the end of an age of waste.
Mission: We aim to bring the circular economy to cities worldwide by building strong local networks to design and implement circular local strategies, embed the circular economy in the education system and help circular solutions scale.
The goals by 2022 are:
- Bringing together local actors to create circular economy strategies in 200 cities.
- Embedding the circular economy in 200 university curriculums.
- Supporting 200 startups and companies to implement circular practices, through mentoring, funding and communications.
Those goals are achieved by the CEC online platform and three main programs:
- CEC Organizers program – for circular leaders to bring the circular economy to live in their cities, universities, hubs and companies;
- CEC Mentors program – for members with expert skills to give free advice to the most promising circular talent; and
- CEC Global events – for members to work collaboratively to solve local and global challenges.
CEC was formally established in London by Anna Tarí, who realized that there were a number of great initiatives but lacking visibility, the right tools, funding and connections in order to have an impact. CEC was set up to bridge this gap and to establish strong connections amongst the circular economy community, to share best practices and try our best to have an impact at a local and global level simultaneously. CEC is managed voluntarily by a team of 37 volunteers based all over the world and supported by the work of engaged club members who volunteer as CEC Mentors to give free mentorship to the youngest members, and CEC Organizers who bring CEC activities to their cities, universities and organizations.